Project Awesome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for Project Awesome. We welcome you all, and hope to see your ideas and imagination.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Idea for a story.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

My Idea for a story. Empty
PostSubject: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:40 pm

This is no way set in stone, and I hope you guys will add to it, or modify it as you see fit.

I'm thinking our basis is a steampunk world, that has been invaded by time travelers from the past(fantasy). I feel like that leaves the opportunity for expansion extremely open. Gives us Steampnk and Fantasy options to play with. I think our story should be set several years/decades after the "wizard or whatever" opened the time portal. So our game has plenty of opportunity for items and such of both genres or a mixture. World bosses and instances could be invaders from other times, or players invading other times.

I'm not good with details. You think we could work with something like this?
Back to top Go down
https://projectawesome.forumotion.com
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 pm

I don't see why not. Are you going to have a more Faction vs Faction (Like WoW) where the player picks the side or something more like both times have to work together to take down something that's a common enemy?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Don't know. At this point, I'm not sure of the engine capabilities. But that would be pretty awesome. Where you could choose between the Natives or the Time travelers. Whatever we decide to call them. It would be awesome to have a mixture of both.

Natives live their lives this way.(PvE)

Time travelers live their lives this other way.(PvE)

They have loads of problems(PvP)

Oh shit, we got invaders from another time as a common enemy who just appeared.( Team PvE)

Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Alright, I get what you're saying. I guess it's a wait and see what the engine can provide and go from there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Well, even if it doesn't go that far, I would assume we could have them as NPC's. Players are the "None-Natives", NPC's are the Natives, World threatened by whatever! Go!
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:01 pm

That'd be cool too. Very Happy Or have a mix. Pick Native or Time Traveler and then have a mix of NPC's that's like "Oh shit guys! That guy is gonna blow us up! Fire ze missles!!!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Yea, exactly. I have a tendency of thinking RPG, instead of MMO a lot. We can't have a set "bad guy" boss, because we need to be able to account for multiple sieges and such.

We need names. Name of the game. Name of our Races, Are we going to stick to the name Guild or we going to call it something else?
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:26 pm

What were thinking of for races? Like, a set number for each side or a particular "theme" behind the races?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Do we want to do separate races? Or have them all "human"? Would race change the stats like Elder Scrolls, or just be aesthetic? When I said races above, I pretty much meant factions, but I'm down for some different races, if that's something you guys are interested in.

Are you guys thinking large scale game like WoW, Guild Wars, Aeon or small scale like Chrono Tales, flyff, Maple Story, Conquer Online? Maybe we should decide that before we go too much further, since that would definitely influence how in-depth we get into things lol. I was thinking something small F2P P2W type, at least for our first draft. I think if we could pull a fanbase, and some cash, we have the right kinds of ideas to go on to something large scale, but that would require manpower.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:51 am

My Idea for a story. 1296x983_1846_CGHub_Storytellers_First_Men_in_the_Moon_2d_illustration_steampunk_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art

I liked that better than a standard time machine. Steampunk guys go back in time, wizards open a portal, now both worlds have to fight each other or some shit. Sorry, I'm on a picture posting rampage! Trying to get some visuals to get the creative juices flowing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:56 pm

I was thinking maybe, Time-Travel gone horribly wrong. Dimensions clashed or something. Leader of the 3rd faction opened a time portal at the same spot the wizards opened one, and the same spot the steampunk guys opened one, or something, and all 3 worlds combined? I dunno, maybe Im off in left field somewhere lol.
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm a brewin' up something.... *Que epic instrumental*
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Okay, here it goes.....

So, 10 years ago (from in game time) a group of mystics from the Fantasy dimension opened up a bridge between the two worlds so that they could get away from an evil ravaging their land (Mysterious Figure here!). In Steampunk Land, being a people based on technology and science saw this as an oppritunity to learn from these new beings. Study them, etc. Naturally, a peace like that can only last for so long before tensions start to emerge and conflict breaks out.

Meanwhile... In the present, while both sides are squabbling, enter mysterious figure from the Fantasy world used the badguy card, pulled the Ace out of it's sleeve, and emerges in Steampunk Land because one world is never enough.
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:51 pm

ALSO! If we decided to go with multiple races... I really think we should consider something like this dude from Magic the Gathering:

My Idea for a story. Mtgcom_feature_254_pic2_en

Kitsune (Fox) peoples. I think they're badass, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Cassie, I think you just got an A+ in MMO storylines. *cue applause
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 pm

*Takes a bow* Why thank you! Storylines are a big factor in MMO's for me. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for a story.   My Idea for a story. Empty

Back to top Go down

My Idea for a story.
Page 1 of 1