Project Awesome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for Project Awesome. We welcome you all, and hope to see your ideas and imagination.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chrono Tales clone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
microburstalert

Chrono Tales clone? Empty
PostSubject: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 pm

I looked through the features list of Chrono Tales since you said you wanted to make a clone of it.

Chrono Tales Website wrote:
Classes & Skills
Warrior Assassin Scholar Mage Priest Ultima Skills

Features
Forge Pet Quest Astrology Craft Crystal Items Friends Guild Market VIP Magic Box

Daily Events

Classes

From reading the other threads on here, you basically want the normal class archetypes of DPS, Tank, Support/Healer? DPS being thief/mage classes, tanks being paladins or whatever, healers being... healers. Any other support classes? Summoners? New archetypes or hybrid classes? Undefined classes so you shape your character in whatever direction? Sub-classes?

Features

You mentioned professions, which is a given, but what about the other ones? The game idea I've been working on involved astrological symbols like this game, but in an entirely different sense. In Chrono Tales, it's just attribute bonuses. I was thinking something more along the lines of new character attributes, too, but more like your astrological sign was almost like choosing a class. It was that significant in the character creation aspect. Maybe more choices that affect your character, such as choosing a background?

The rest seems pretty straightforward. Pets, crafting, friends/guilds, marketplace, VIP, daily quests and events, etc.

---

I wasn't sure if you were wanting some sort of groundbreaking feature or just wanted to fit the same game model that sells normally? scratch
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 pm

I wouldn't mind a chrono tales clone, as long as we can change it. Offer different stuff. I don't think the first version needs to be groundbreaking, get some credibility and some fans/customers. I wouldn't mind working off of their source code, just changing the maps and such. I like their World PVP, instances, and such. Their instances are too easy, their success rates on things are way off, and they have lousy customer service. If we do it, I definitely want to re-mesh it and such. Their item mall items are bound, which is ridiculous. It wouldn't be a bad base model tho.
Back to top Go down
https://projectawesome.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Yea, I like the astrological sign in the morrowind and such. We could use their astrology feature to buff up our astrology feature.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 pm

I didn't mean cloning the game as in stealing it and making it look like a new game! Lol that'd get people sued. I meant building a game that's a copy of it from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:09 pm

I think we are thinking on the same lines, but don't speak the same language lol. It would make a good model, is that the word we're looking for? Or influence? Chrono tales profession system is weak, the story is weak, the maps are weak, they have game-breaking items, but they have good PvP.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:26 am

Chrono Tales clone? Fboub94qbpqtcgzw6he0

I didn't mean the world. There's the piss-poor pixel art I made a second ago to see what ya'll thought.

Well, you said something before about creating a copy of a game. I thought you meant Chrono Tales.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:40 am

Yea, then I was thinking about fast money. No sense in rushing tho. Chrono Tales does have some cool features, but it's also misleading in a lot of ways.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:43 am

How is it misleading? I've never played it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:52 am

The people who are hosting it dont speak english, so maybe it's not misleading, but mispronounced. I dunno, it's just not as great as it could be.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:00 am

Oh is it another Chinese game where half the items are called something completely different due to translation errors?

I drew that up because that's what I was thinking when I read your story idea. I just added the sci-fi stuff to it because it fit along with the whole time travel thing. I did just think of something, though. Adding the sci-fi or whoever is causing the rift as a third faction to play? So it'd be a fight for whoever gets the planet? Maybe something happened like three people did the exact same thing at the same time (well, not same time... but same something) and it caused the world to split. Or, like I said before, the whole rift thing happened and they're being invaded, which will give the common enemy for them to fight, as well as themselves. Or hell, even just the fantasy side and the steampunk side doing the same thing and that's what caused the split, both sides fighting off the neutral creatures of the opposing side and having pvp in the middle. Maybe this post should be moved to that other thread. What a Face

Last edited by microburstalert on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 am

The events and such are off. They introduce new things, and half the people dont know what it is several weeks later. It's just crazy. The game is just severely lacking in all aspects accept pvp, and even that could be better.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:08 am

Ok, but the systems in spirit are what you're looking for? That and the PVP.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:14 am

Yea, I guess you could say that. But once you take all that stuff out of it, it''s just a 3d client game with good pvp, not a chrono tales clone lmao
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:23 am

I'm still voting Unity. The Game Of Thrones MMO is being built with it, and that's a big name.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:04 pm

I downloaded unity today, looks great. I dunno how to use it at all, but I did download it lol.
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Well, what I can see of the map, it's pretty groovy.

I like the idea of having minor buffs like the astrological signs used in the Elder Scrolls Saga, and it affecting like... charater traits as well as attributes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Chrono tales has an "Astrology" feature, where after you get in game and get to a certain level, you can activate it, it randomly chooses you a Star Sign, each sign has a standard buff(500 mana, 80 dodge, or whatever) then their are several "skill/buffs"(crit soulbreak, manaburn) things you can choose from, but you have to have a certain combination of the items that give you attributes(matk, hero, delicacy). It's kind of hard to explain, but it's a pretty nifty feature, and a gold sink. If you're gonna have currency, there definitely needs to be a place to use it, or else the economy will bottom out from the "worth" of the currency dropping, when there's no use for it.

The "skill/buffs" have a certain percent chance of activation at certain times, like say crit soulbreak has a 50% chance to activate everytime you crit and it ticks 10% of the targets HP every second for 8 seconds. I don't remember if that is exactly right, but it's an example lol.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:59 am

I think my brainstorming has overcomplicated the idea of this game in my mind. So it's going to be fantasy vs. steampunk and that's it? Are there other time periods? Is there a story behind it, or just enough to give a somewhat valid reason for wizards to be fighting steam centurions?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I was kind of thinking Fantasy Vs. Steampunk Vs. ???(modern era? Future maybe?) Kind of a clash of times, with the steampunk world at it's center. I think instances could vary, like say the level 20 instance may be a Fantasy dragon lair, where as the lvl 50 instance may be a Centurrion warehouse and the lvl 70 instance may be a mixture of the 2, STEAMPUNK DRAGONS bitches!

Levels not set in stone, just an example. I think somewhat valid reason. We definitely need a story, but I don't think it needs to be too in-depth, because most MMOers aren't there for a story, but I would like to have one available to broaden the audience. If we could find a point between badass story and badass PvP, anything in-between doesn't have to be that great lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Tales clone?   Chrono Tales clone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chrono Tales clone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Awesome :: Ideas-
Jump to: