Project Awesome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for Project Awesome. We welcome you all, and hope to see your ideas and imagination.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Events and such.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:37 pm

I would like to have player driven events. Give players a chance to shine. Lots of players have good ideas for items and such, some can even do coding and art. Keep them involved. Offer our Cash currency as a reward for their work, and maybe even get a new team member our of the deal.
Back to top Go down
https://projectawesome.forumotion.com
microburstalert

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:41 am

Like second life where they can create their own stuff by importing models and scripts? You're going to have to have a hell of a game engine in order to support that. I'd say that'd be something left for VIP characters to buy. Something like "Design your own in-game weapon!" - 10 dolla.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:06 am

Nah I mean like outside of game stuff. Forum events. Craft a future item for the game! Where they do the artwork and such in whatever format we decide then send it in to us. Getting the community involved, basically.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:14 am

That would work in order to get a fanbase. Let them help direct the progression of the game. If you took my idea into consideration, you could leave the final pve faction a mystery and let the fans decide who they're up against. Make the middle-ground pve a mishmash of different time periods so they fight everyone from the stone age to the apocalypse!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Sounds great. Community driven would give us a great fanbase. So many games lose players, because they don't get their community involved, or get too greedy.
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Agreed. Many games just kinda drag the players along a story that the creators have created and shaped. If a community driven cause and effect sort of thing is place... That keeps people interested and feels like they're actually making a difference in the world. Being a huge roleplayer, it's kinda frustrating when companies like Blizzard do something like "Oh, go help fix that bridge!" and three years later, you're STILL trying to fix that same bridge.

It would mean an ever changing environment however, and I'm not sure if that's a possibility or not.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:36 pm

I think the ever-changing environment is a big possibility, but it'd require players to constantly update to the new version of the game. That, or if using Unity, have the game only available using their browser plugin so people don't have to redownload it.

I really like the idea, though. It'd pretty much cover all of the daily events. If we push the time travel idea more like I had mentioned before, there could be invasions of different time periods that take up the majority of the new events. Certain things only happen during the initial invasion, and after that, they're just normal enemies to fight and normal quests to do. It'd probably keep people interested, too, if their game world is continually getting invaded by a completely new kind of enemy and they ultimately get to decide who the end-game enemy is.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Wouldn't server maintenance cover that? Just make sure not to "fix" too much at a time, so when they sign in, they are only patching a few files. Wouldn't have to be a complete expansion or a complete patch.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:02 am

If it was browser-based then they'd never have to worry about patching. They'd just have to login and go. We could probably even swing a browser/android/ios game with Unity.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 pm

City of Steam and Chrono Tales are both "Browser" games, but they have a light weight client also. I don't know how it works, but it does lol.
Back to top Go down
OneDrone

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 pm

That's like Requiem: Momento Moris (Or whatever the fuck it's called) It can be done both through a browser or through a downloaded client. >.> Which, is a pretty good game if you wanna get some ideas and what not from it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:43 pm

I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Events and such.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events and such.    Events and such.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Events and such.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Awesome :: Ideas-
Jump to: