Project Awesome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for Project Awesome. We welcome you all, and hope to see your ideas and imagination.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Class: Marksman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OneDrone

Class: Marksman Empty
PostSubject: Class: Marksman   Class: Marksman EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Assuming we go along the path that, depending on your faction, you can ultimately have two different versions of the same thing... I was thinking Marksman could something to consider. The Steampunk Side having a sniper like dude that chills in the back with a long range gun of sorts while the Fantasy side would have a badass archer.

Aside from that there could be slight variances to the sides. Like, The Steampunk Marksman would be able to use a device that "cloaks" them while the Fantasy Marksman would have enchanted arrows, etc etc. Lots of options you could get going.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Class: Marksman   Class: Marksman EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Could we translate this to assassin/hunter? Hunters could camoflauge where assassins could stealth. Call it what you want to call it, i'm still an alcolholic? Maybe a subclass or alternate weapon combination? I'm just afraid a support character would be shit at pvp, like hunters in WoW lol. p2w games seem to hinge on a lot of PvP, that's why I play them xD.

I think our healer is what's going to be our biggest challenge. Making a healer that can support itself and team in PvE, but not too OP in PvP with it's PvE heals. Honestly, I think Priests are why WoW made the talent trees lol. A Shadow priest with Holy heals would dominate. Or would you guys rather gear combination be your talent tree? Give them all their skills, but tie heals to mana and attack power to INT for example? So their stats decide if they are a badass healer or badass dps, but can't really be both?
Back to top Go down
https://projectawesome.forumotion.com
OneDrone

PostSubject: Re: Class: Marksman   Class: Marksman EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:48 am

We could absolutely translate it into Assassin/Hunter. I'm all for the weapon swapping as well. I mean, it's pretty standard now in most MMO's.

As for healers, I've been pondering a bit about those. >.> Have some... semi-ideas, but nothing too big at the moment.
Back to top Go down
microburstalert

PostSubject: Re: Class: Marksman   Class: Marksman EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:19 am

So...

Steampunk | Fantasy
-------------------------
Brawler | Knight?
Assassin | Hunter
T.mancer | Wizard?
Healer? | Healer?
-------------------------
Weapon swapping is what I was going to ask about. I mean it'd be cool for each class to have their own weapon type. Something that makes them unique vs. the opposing faction's class. It'd also be simpler game mechanics, something to consider seeing as how none of us have built an MMO before that I know of.

I like the idea of branching talent trees to make your character unique, and I was thinking if each class had its own weapon type, they could even have some kind of weapon tree to unlock different stuff based on the type of weapon they wanted. Maybe have one weapon type that's compatible with both faction's classes, ie. brawlers get fists, knights get swords, both use axes. Something like that to allow for inter-faction trading?

---

So you're wanting some kind of steampunk assassin ala Dishonored or (somewhat like) Assassin' Creed, right?

Class: Marksman Assassins-creed-steampunk

Spring-loaded knives, maybe remote mines (or remote controlled), crossbows, etc.?

Fantasy-themed hunters like elven rangers, maybe? Longbows and duel-wielding swords? Animal companions?

Class: Marksman Adrastea

Counterbalancing the two classes would be...?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Class: Marksman   Class: Marksman EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:02 pm

I didn't mean weapon swapping, like a priest could use a sword, but more like 2 weapons for each class, one short range, one long range, and maybe even just for hunters/assassins, since most of the other characters wouldn't have a ranged alternative, or even really a need for one. Hunters have a bow, assassins have stunning darts of some sort, that fire out of their mechanical arm?!
Back to top Go down
https://projectawesome.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class: Marksman   Class: Marksman Empty

Back to top Go down

Class: Marksman
Page 1 of 1